for an efficient process, to achieve repeatable, appropriate surfaces on first go.
Finishing has become increasingly important, as the requirements on defined surface quality are continuously increasing and the required results have to be achieved in a stable and time efficient manner. Despite clever tool techniques during grinding and complex production methods during turning, this is for more and more products inadequate. That is why finishing is rapidly evolving as the innovative alternative of the traditional process of grinding and polishing.
Finishing with films
Continuous feed of virgin (new) abrasive is the basis for constant finishing results and repeatable quality. Through an additional work piece rotation and tool oscillation the abrasive particles design a sine wave which is characteristic for this process. Compared to dedicated machines for finishing, superfinishing attachments are price competitive and make the use of finishing technology possible with ordinary turning machines. If necessary, the needed surface roughness values can be achieved by multi-level processes. Generally it is possible to reduce the Ra -values by 50% with each machining step.
- reducing the Ra-value by 50% with each machine step (empirical formula)
- absolute repeatable surfaces and defined surface structures
- lower wear of the work piece surfaces
- short processing times of the work pieces
- low friction coefficient are reducing the noise level of the parts in later use
- environmentally sound, as ordinary lubricants and even water can be used
- no grit attack (no scratches or commas)
- thermally neutral working process
- improvement of the working behavior (surface stressed parts)
- avoidance of softening, free of surface tensions and micro cracking